Saturday, November 15, 2008

My first day of Hostel!!

Hello everyone...this being my first blog I have zero ides as to what to write about.Then I decided upon writing a very uneventful yet memorable(don't ask in what way) day of my life..........so here it goes!!
Hassan-The city of JOY has been so rightly phrased:).Hassan,a city about 198kms from B'lore was not one bit a prominent place in my Atlas till probably that day when I went for my CET counselling and took up a medical seat in Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences!!Never did I realise that ,that day which saw nothing but tears(absolutely no happiness for having got a medical seat...the hostel factor dominated!) was only to translate into fun,enjoyment,fun....and just unlimited fun!!!.I just couldn't have asked for something better!!
Now it happens that I am the only daughter at home and am just not used to lifting even a finger at home!!So after lots of advices,crying and more and more advices I head off to Hassan. I was suddenly in a room of 5 people..all new faces and really bad atmosphere(this was my view on that day).I could just flee from there..I probably could have even disapparated...lol.My parents had left for B'lore just that evening around 4:30pm.Back in hostel I managed to smile a few times,say a small hello,ask some selected people their names(read:I am a 100% bad mixer...But yes I definitely talk when I am spoken to...I don't make the first move!!).The not-at-all wanted dinner was sad:(.Then as I went back to my room..one of my roommates Manasvi Chennakeshava who hails from Coorg was my first could be "called a friend types" you know!!Both of shared a pretty good rapport..and our acquaintance started off well!!Just as I was beginning to help myself feel better...I had a sudden uneasy feeling which made me head to the bathroom...and I am in no position to describe the events that happened later on.....
All that I know is that I called home at 1:00a.m complaining of severe vomiting and an even more upset tummy:(.My parents who had just reached home at around 9:00p.m had not even closed an eye(they were you know... missing me;)].They left immediately at around 1:30a.m(i.e about half an hour after the call)...and drove their way back to Hassan.I could call it a feat that my dad accomplished for firstly..it is not easy to drive after a 4 and half hour long drive with just a gap of about 3 hours...secondly my dad strictly does not wish to drive in the night after 9..and lastly it requires a lot of will power to be able to drive after hearing the news that your only daughter is sick or in fact very sick the very first day of leaving home...:(...you see my parents are very weak when it comes to me).My parents then reached Hassan at 4:30a.m(my mother still complains of the speed with which my dad drove that day)..and around 6 we packed a few clothes and set off to B'lore!!What followed after that was food poisoning-bland food-medicines-5 days leave-medical certificate-Sunday before the Monday I was to leave again!!!Now what happened after I went back is another or rather continuous experiences..which I will narrate later.
Well this was my first day of hostel which I will never ever forget!!!

No comments: